Paisley is always right by my feet when I am baking these treats. I told you she absolutely loves these....look at those crazy eyes of pure joy!
Vegan Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 cups of Whole wheat flour or chickpea flour for a grain free option
- ½ cup water, plus extra as needed
- ⅓ cup of creamy peanut butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1) In a medium bowl mix flour, water, peanut butter, and molasses until combined.
Add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water so that the dough comes together and is moist.
2) Put the dough on a well floured surface (This stuff is really sticky!) and press with your
hands until the dough is about ¼ inch thick.
3) Use a cookie cutter of your choice and then place treats on a baking sheet.
These don't spread so placing them close together is no problem!
4) Bake treats for about 20 minutes. Turn off your oven and leave them in the oven to harden
for 30 minutes to an hour.
5) When cooled you can store these in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2
6) Feed them to your furry friends and hopefully they will have crazy eyes of pure joy like
Paisley has every time I open the treat jar!