Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Protein Packed Quinoa Breakfast Bowl


I am not an oatmeal person at all I don't know... something about the texture (so mushy and soggy) has always turned me off. So this for me is a great alternative to a delicious warm bowl of healthy goodness in the morning. 

I literally have this 3 to 4 times a week it's THAT good and most importantly it's super fast to whip up! This is my go to breakfast when I don't have time on those busy mornings. 

To make mornings easier because I'm also not a morning person at all (You would think with all these breakfast recipes) I will usually make a big batch of quinoa every week so all I have to do is heat up a cup of quinoa and assemble the rest for an easy simple breakfast.

This quinoa breakfast bowl includes your own protein powder and delicious toppings for a super protein packed breakfast!




Protein Packed Quinoa Breakfast Bowl 

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked quinoa 
1 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp. raisins 
1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein powder 
1/4 cup warmed almond milk for drizzling 
1/2 gala apple, peeled and diced 
1 Tbsp. pecans, chopped
Honey for drizzling on top

Directions:

1. Cook a cup of quinoa
2. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla, unsweetened applesauce and vanilla protein powder until combined.
3. Drizzle warm almond milk over the quinoa mixture
4. Top your bowl off with diced apples, extra sprinkling of cinnamon, pecans, raisins, and drizzle
    with honey
5. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment