On the weekdays I'm all about eating clean and getting as much protein and energy as I can for my workout later in the day....I know I know you are sitting there going "Why the hell did she call this food blog sweet paisley?" Well, I have a major sweet tooth and I absolutely love baking but when it comes to breakfast on the weekdays this is my go to "I really want pancakes" recipe. This is such a simple and delicious recipe which whips up in about 15 mins!
Bananan protein pancakes (vegan)
Inspired by Vega
Vegan banana protein pancakes
- 1 large banana mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- One scoop of your own vanilla protein (You can also use ground flaxseed about 3 Tbs)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Top with some banana slices, chopped nuts, maple or agave syrup
1) First mash banana in a bowl with a spoon, fork or your hands and then add in vanilla extract and Milk of your choice.
2) In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients flour, protein, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
3) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined.
4) Add coconut oil to pan on medium heat
5) Add about 1/4 of the batter at a time to the pan. Start to flip the pancake on the other side when bubbles start to form (about 2 mins each side).
6) Top with your favorite topping bananas, nuts, agave, cinnamon and enjoy!